Sites developed by ECats.
World Bridge Scoring - The World Bridge Federation asked ECats to score the World Wide Simultaneous Pairs taking place on 02 & 03 June using the ECats Dynamic On Line Scoring System. The design was done our design house Untitled Media .
- WBF Photo Viewer - This is our first full Silverlight Web Application. It uses 'Deepzoom' to enable users to view 500 images ( some 200M of data) with full scolling and zooming all in a 'steam punk' application designed by Untitled Media.
- Stock & Asset Management - This web site uses ASP .NET 2 with Atlas (Ajax) extensions to give the stock search page the look and feel of an application rather than a web page. We are developing more of our sites to use this technology where it is applicable. This site has a CMS system that enables the client to update the content themselves thus reducing the cost of updates. The design was done our design house Untitled Media .
- Suffolk Preservation Society - This site was designed by Untitled Media and implemented by ECats with a content magement system so the client can update the information in a controlled way.
- Bridge in Britain - BiB began development because of Anna's own personal interest in bridge and because we felt it would be a useful testing ground for some of the technologies. As it happens it has turned into a core business site for ECats' Dynamic On Line Scoring system. We also have an e-commerce section with bridge items for sale using our credit card facilities. The site has been developed using Active Server technology which means that, apart from the current Sims section, the whole site only has about 15 pages. Because of developments using SQL server, even the Sims site will be using ASP technology in the very near future.The design was done our design house Untitled Media .
- EBU - English Bridge Union web site that our design house Untitled Media has designed and we look after their server in our rack in Canary Wharf in London
- MarketingTomorrow - Site for a client displaying News articles relevant to the future of Marketing uses ASP .NET 3.5 and AJAX.
- A-Z Maps - ECats has developed a new e-commerce area for this site, so that all the maps can be purchased on line.
- System Sound - A local shop where most of our profits go buying 'toys' The design was done our design house Untitled Media .
- Engineering OnLine - We developed the eCapacity search capability for this site which is one of the foremost sites dedicated to serving the Engineering trade.This site also recently had a re-vamp to use ASP .NET 2 technology - CLOSED
- Plasart - Manufacturers of bespoke ring binders
All our servers are located in secure premises in canary Wharf in London the connectivity is provided by our business partner Blackbird Solutions Ltd We can offer most hosting solutions to our clients as well as email and anti spam filtering.
- World Bridge Teaching - ECats and the WBF have developed the English part of an Anglo / French teaching program as a resource for bridge teachers
- PlayBridge - This site uses a CMS system so the owners can update the pages themselves along with some custom ASP pages
- DiamondBridge Holidays - ECats developed this site for a company who offer Cruises and Holidays.
- Asthma Free World - We built this one for free after Mark's sons, who both suffer badly from asthma, went on a Buteko breathing course. The transformation the Buteko breathing techniques made to them has enabled them both to become almost free of attacks and reduced their medication. Their doctors were surprised and pleased!
- WBF Master Points - Enabled Bridge players to access their World Masterpoints over the web for the first time.
- PSA Pensions - ECats developed this site for Paul Smith Associates. The site is sponsored by Scottish Widows, CGU Life, Sun Life and Legal & General, all of whom have an active involvement. The site has a "public face" which can be viewed by anyone and a "private face" for subscribers only. A CD was also produced, using Internet technology, and distributed to IFAs throughout the country - CLOSED.
- www.bermudabowl.com - we assisted with the detail and designed the overall look behind this site for Orbis Investment Management Ltd.. ECats also developed the database technology used for the Orbis Hand of the Week competition which ran in the weeks preceding the Orbis World Bridge Championships.
- Debrief - a specialist site dealing with below the line marketing, with archive and full search capability developed for Debrief by ECats. This is considered a powerful searchable resource for the Marketing Industry. The Debrief site is now owned by NTC.
- Cam Code - ECats developed the e-commerce side of this website, which sells a product that is a "must have" for statisticians.
- British Bridge League - a simple site detailing the work of the British Bridge League. This site is no longer updated since the BBL devolved on 01 January 2000.
- BakerPet - sadly this site was withdrawn when the original company was taken over by an American company, but it is one of the first sites we developed.
- Cityscan - was a company set up to develop and produce a resource for London. Fed from databases, this resource contained almost all the businesses and services available within London. Literally thousands of companies advertised on the site and the information for the resource was distributed on CD as well as on the Web. The CD version was distributed free on the front cover of the Evening Standard and at its launch distributed in one day more copies of Microsoft's browser than Microsoft themselves have achieved in a single day! At its peak the website was receiving three-quarters of a million hits a day and ran without hitch from day one. Mark was contracted to develop a web version of the product that would look and feel just like the windows application on the CD, and to set up and maintain the web server. All the original, complex database and frames technology on the web version was developed by Mark. The company CityScan has now been taken over by another web-design company, and we understand that the whole structure changed in line with their new ideas. We now notice that the site no longer exists at all,which is even sadder because in its day it was a brilliant and innovative concept.
- Consultancy Work - ECats was contracted to set up database driven web pages for the Intranet of the international design company Tequila.
- ECats was contracted to design a proof of concept for a document management system for Guinness using web technology on their Intranet. Further development of this was taken in house by Guinness.
- ECats undertakes all the IT consultancy for the World Bridge Federation and the European Bridge League. We do an initial site inspection, advise on all connectivity-to-Internet matters and then attend the European and World Championships to set up both an Intranet and Internet connectivity for the provision of the results / bulletin services using the existing WBF Web site (www.worldbridge.org ) which is managed by a Member of the WBF Executive.
- ECats has also undertaken consultancy for the BBC. Much of the consultancy work undertaken by ECats is inevitably under the terms of a non disclosure agreement and thus we are unable to publicise either the type of work or our client's names.